Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Jozi's Touring Project - Part 2

Default Jozi's Touring Project - Part 2

I think it's about time I start a new thread for my touring now that I've got a little momentum going.

The previous thread from when I fixed up the touring can be found here: http://www.e30owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5955

I was going to be doing quite a bit of work on the touring and have been collecting parts over the last 6 months, then recently Scruffy posted up saying he was going to scrap his 90 touring shell, couldn't let that happen. So after a few setbacks (snow, wheel bearings and alternators) I hope to finally pick it up tomorrow. Being a 90 it's a little less hassle come nct time than the 94 is, should also be able to do something with classic insurance which I can't now. And hopefully less rust for my brother to work his magic on.

I've had a good idea what I wanted to do for sometime now, after a bit of photoshopage this is more or less where I'm going with it:

Hopefully I can get it looking as good as that, if not better

What you see there is the following:
    Borbet B wheels 9x16 all round
    m-tech2 rear bumper and front bumper and apron
    325iX arch flares and skirts
    for now no coilovers but would like them eventually same for bigger brakes

Apart from that I have the following to fit as well:
    Elect sunroof conversion
    Rear elec windows (front was already elec)
    Heated washer jets
    headlight wash wipe
    small tec1 wheel (already fitted)
    recaro Ls' aka highbacks (already fitted)
    Thats all I can think of right now

The new engine will be a m52b28 (with m50 manifold for now) with the iS box and a 3.64 lsd thats being rebuilt by DavemSport and a Scorpion E30 M3 exhaust to provide the sound track.

My brother is of to Oz the end of Jan, have until then to sort out any rust issues the shell has and to learn how to weld after that I'm on my own.

This will probably be a slow topic as I only have weekends to work on the car, hopefully I can get it finished for the big meet this summer!

This was the last time she stood on for wheel last year:

With puddle of coolant from a leaking m42 under her

Work done so far has been to remove the m42 way back in October, not much since then. Spent a few hrs over Christmas removing the gearbox, bolted that upto the m52. Removed the inlet manifold in the hope that it will mean I can keep the brake booster and a few other parts still attached to the car. It's ready to go in now so I can start mocking up the exhasut manifolds. Still lots of parts to buy before the engine can be run! Un decided on fitting the engine to the blue touring and driving it while sorting out the shell and getting it ready for paint and to take all the parts.
    Last edited by Jozi; 22-08-2012 at 12:59 PM.

Louism is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

Me likey! Where did you get your IS gearbox man?
    Current custodian of Joshce's M52 318is

"Promoting the diminishment of automotive ground clearance since 2010"

Anyone selling their E30 M3? Let me know

Using the one from the m42 that was in the touring

Denizb37 is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

subscribed cant wait to see this finished, what you doing with the old shell, trailer perhaps?

Has crossed my mind but if someone wants to take it away for a re-shell I'd be happier to see it back on the road as a complete car!

Good stuff jozi. I will be following this

Looking forward to the updates dude best of luck!
    I know you're stuck for a car so gimme a shout if ya needs any bits from around dubland collected

Thanks Phil. I'm back driving the Micra again, that alone should be enough motivation to get this finished

best of luck with the buildshould look class when its done,ive a big soft spot for tourings

Subscribed too

This isn't meant to be, couldn't get the lights working with the trailer so couldn't take it

Might get the engine mock fitted today

Let me see if I have you right......
    Are you going to use murfs touring instead of yours?
    Are you going to put the 1994 back together and sell it?
    I'm currently buying some old parts
    Click here.
    Upgrades offered:
    One touch Windows
    OBC Light Bars
    Remote central locking for E30s

More than likely use Scruffys touring, unless it has more rust. I would love to be able to put my own touring back together but I won't have the parts to do that, everything will be more or less going into the 90 shell. I've already sold the spare front seats I had after buying the recaro's. Still have the engine which I was going to sell as is or after I fix the profile gasket thats leaking.

well lads the picture above is savage all right if you have it like that it will be so cool but there is one thing id change is the arches id rather the standard one but other than that it should be a1 keep up the work dude

ounce you get the hang off welding it is very handy to do iv served my time as a welder so i im shit hot at it by now lol but just take your time at it and make sure where your welding is all clean and preped and you will have no hassel at all
    keep out of swinging area

Thanks! I like the arches and how they form the skirts then, just being a little different

I'll get the hang of welding alright, got to get this shell home and start practicing!

Little bit of progress today, after a bit of messing with the engine we got it sitting like this:

Bit of messing to get it on it's mounts in the sub frame but got there in the end. Can start mocking up the manifold next time I'm home and once I get some stainless tubing.

Won't be lifting this engine out though, probably drop the whole subframe, suspension etc and lift the car over the engine.

Engine's normally this black on the inside:

Exhaust ports have a nice thinck layer of black grime in them as well. Anyway of cleaning this out or what can you do about it?
    Last edited by Jozi; 02-01-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Thread Information