Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: My k11 Micra

Quote Originally Posted by breihill01 View Post
    Need better tyres flywheel will stop that but at expense of how the revs pick up.
    Think driveshafts will be next weak link with better tyres though.
    You could also soften the front suspension as it's probably skipping causing the break in traction.
    Forgot to give you a few bits that I still have sitting. Light stalk and I think driver side mirror housing and possibly an extra spare wheel.
    sound, sure i can get them off your friend whenever you give them to him just let me know
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveM-sport View Post
    Looking good Finto! Make sure you swap over the rack from the super S too as I think it's abit quicker.

The SR16ve from the VZR N1 is a pretty popular swap for them. 200bhp in a micra would be some laugh. The SR20dets in them would be just nuts altogether though
    The super s rack is .2 of a turn quicker i beleive,if i get bored one day maybe ill change it haha, yeah id love to vzr it or sr20 but the report ive been hearing is that there great in a straight line but a dog in the bends 1.3 turbo would be ideal

Era, decent suspension and a good LSD will sort that and obviously good tyres

Suppose its the weight more than anything that ruins it though?
    M42 RIGHTNESS.
    Past 6500rpm, nobody can hear you scream.

although alot of fun id say! going to have to make a sump gaurd for it now as with the smaller profile tyres and going lower at the rear ,my sump is grazing the ground on high patches steel sump so were not too bad my old one had a huge smack in it and no bother on it

Just be careful of how much of a dent you put on it as you could block the oil pickup depending what type of pickup pipe they use.

I know somebody who made a steel sump for an iS before and thought it was going to be the best thing ever and the first bump he hit dented the sump and oil light came on a few seconds later even though he had no leaks.

Bent the bottom of the sump up against the pickup so it got starved and ruined the engine
    M42 RIGHTNESS.

just as you said that, when i had my old 1.0l in it, the oil light would stay on for a few seconds on start up then turn off dont think id ever be able to kill a micra engine.., ill have to sort something although

Nope, they are pretty much bulletproof. The abuse they get around here at the hotroding and autograss events is ridiculous.

Thought about building one for Rosegreen loads of times but just so much other stuff to do
    M42 RIGHTNESS.

the k11s and boxy starlets are bullet proof for hot rodding like the amount of dogging i gave the little 1l hitting 8k rpm in it and it gave no bother, only problem i had with is was the gearbox going due with weaping seals and going dry all the more of a reason to swap the 1.3 in

Been a while since i updated this, In april my apprenticeship took me to fas where i needed a diesel for travelling up and down to tallaght everyday so i bought a bora in the mean time the micra has got a lot of attention, the 1.3 engine i had fitted had worn piston rings so that needed fixing and the rust in sills and arches had gotten really bad , so i have set a target to get it ready for japfest. I am currently rebuilding another 1.3 into a 150bhp monster, bottom end has been rebuilt by darbys eng dunleer and head pressure tested

engine:
    polish ported head
    valves re-seated
    valve stem oil seals
    high comp flat top pistons
    block honed/skimmed
    head pressure tested
    polished conrods
    new bottom end/carrier bearings
    piston rings
    rebuilt oil pump
    n15 pulsar throttle body
    ported intake manifold

getting: pulsar injectors, high lift cams,4-2-1 manifold, fuel reg,high pressure fuel pump, remap

brakes:
    march big brake servo
    n15 brake master cylinder
    n15 vented/drilled discs
    n15 brake caliper

steering:
    super s quick rack
    tie rods
    polybushed wisbone bushes(on way)

also shes in for a full respray with a few surprises
    few pictures...

Well finto.... What ever happened to this yoke! Must say I really like it

mossyfarrell is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

What ever happened to you ..wellcome back

haha its sitting outside waiting for its final touches .. ill post a few photos up now and what ive done..

major update..
    car took 5 months in with the body shop, it needed a lot more than i anticipated, she got 2 new sills inner &outer , front lower panel,outer rear arches, rear pockets, floor patches, petrol pipes, boot floor straightened,windscreen... ,i changed the colour from bs9 torquoise blue to bmw atlantis blue individual 399, i was happy with the finish and took her home. I was advised to buy a gazebo (as ive no shed ) and put car in it while i work on it . the gazebo lasted all of two weeks till we had the very bad winds and the gazebo fell on the car scratching the bonnet and door(car is going back to get the panels re done and underside of bonnet done) this took nearly all my interest in the car away and i left it sit for 3 months with no engine in it and bay in primer. Come february i had the bay painted(rattle can) and engine ready ( thanks to xworks for advancing the timing) will post spec of engine after. I then put the engine in and ran it in to camshaft & engine builders reccomendations ( 2000 rpm 15 mins to harden metals) engine sounded sweet . i then took her for her first spin and it was performing well until steam started gushing out breathers and diptick. Engine builders were rang and i was given a list of things to check. After all my tests we have pinned it down to low compression on cyl 2&3 giving it the blowby, so the engine has to com back out to be stripped and investigated by engineering firm one thing after another with this car sick of it by now but life goes on ha
    engine spec:
    272* autosprint camshafts (3mm shims)
    polish/ported head
    polished conrods
    high comp pistons
    d1 spec fuel reg
    walbro fuel pump 4 1/2 bar
    lightened flywheel by 1kg , now 5kg
    lightweight crank pulleys
    head & block skimmed .5 mm
    timing advanced
    new chain & tensioners
    new rings,valve stem oil rings, headgasket,bottom end bearings & carrier
    march plastic rocker cover

i have cbr600 injected throttle bodies to go and a waiting on a 4 branch, i hope to get around 150bhp when done and maybe run it on nitrous with the bike injectors but time will tell..

car is sitting high in photos but it now lower than width of iphone 4
    photos..

Thread Information