Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: My e30 325i project

alan83 is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

Thanks lads , will try print off pics !
    Last edited by alan83; 08-06-2015 at 07:02 AM.

Still have this e30 ,havint been on here in ages!! lying up past 2 years Driving an e39 530d manual as daily , proberly best car ive ever bought .
    Miss that m20 sound through the scorpion system and want decent headers to finish system off . (any advice be great)
    Some rust has reappeared after re spray over 2 years ago and plan on gettin it cut out soon .
    Gonna get it back on the road for 2018 , really sick i couldnt head to meet in 2016 or 2017 just down the road in carlow ... was in hospital at the time as i turned into homer simspon
    ended up having stone a blocking bile duct which was just removed in october this year , had me out of work for a while after op and huge scar but nearly recovered now . Was at spa for belgium gp when meet happened this year , what an experience .

Will post up pics of how my e30 is looking now , one thing that has faded to bits are the shite ebay carbon badges !!!

Cool getting back on the road for 2018

Alright lads ,

Back on the hunt for parts , heres pic of car, front is sitting high and was looking at just lowering front .
    Was onto bmw in enniscorthy today with a list of stuff to price . z3 shortshifter , sunroof rubber ,boot rubber ,bushings etc etc
    Want to use as much genuine bmw parts as possible ( price be main concern )
    Plan is to get nctd this year and get her mint for when classic tax kicks in

Need more power was onto place who make btb headers they say theyve finished making them .
    Very expensive part but by all accounts i read online give great improvement on bhp.

Any advise on headers be great or any other mods to improve bhp , only mod car has is full scorpion system and taught headers would finish it off nicely.

Also looking for fuel sender unit ...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by alan83 View Post
    Alright lads ,

Back on the hunt for parts , heres pic of car, front is sitting high and was looking at just lowering front .
    Was onto bmw in enniscorthy today with a list of stuff to price . z3 shortshifter , sunroof rubber ,boot rubber ,bushings etc etc
    Want to use as much genuine bmw parts as possible ( price be main concern )
    Plan is to get nctd this year and get her mint for when classic tax kicks in

Need more power was onto place who make btb headers they say theyve finished making them .
    Very expensive part but by all accounts i read online give great improvement on bhp.

Any advise on headers be great or any other mods to improve bhp , only mod car has is full scorpion system and taught headers would finish it off nicely.

Also looking for fuel sender unit ...

also think im going back to chrome grill and gonna try pick up 15" bbs alloys

Conor_Smyth is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

Ethos motorsports do good chips if your looking for power. I had one off them on my 325i, that ran an m30b35 AFM (standard injectors)... gave a noticeable power increase, especially after 4k rpm. Also gave an increase in mpg, which was very surprising... used to daily drive my 325i about 400miles a week and would get me 35+mpg with that chip.

they a chip for standard AFM too, and one for the m30 AFM with bigger injectors. The guy who runs that place is from the north, he used to be on here too, but hasnt been active in a while. Messege him off that site, or their facebook page. He was very helpful last time i was chatting him

http://www.ethosmotorsports.com/products.html

Not sure who's doing manifolds these days... but the last person to get BTBs on here dyno'd his car before and after. Got a full refund when returning his exhaust because he got no HP gain whatsoever Which really did surprise me!

Thumbs up

Was on to fritz bits , they said with there system and manifold on std m20 would get extra 15bhp
    Also my scorpion system was "pretty bad"

i will try that spot for chip once i get car up an running as it has sat for 2 years
    Gonna refresh suspension , z3 shifter , oil, filters , plugs along with some new rubber seals on sunroof and boot

not wasting money on unproven bhp figures

JohnH is online now Premium Member (Site Supporter)

Quote Originally Posted by alan83 View Post
    Was on to fritz bits , they said with there system and manifold on std m20 would get extra 15bhp
    Also my scorpion system was "pretty bad"

i will try that spot for chip once i get car up an running as it has sat for 2 years
    Gonna refresh suspension , z3 shifter , oil, filters , plugs along with some new rubber seals on sunroof and boot

not wasting money on unproven bhp figures
    Shop around between a few dealers including in the UK, Carparts Pros in Germany and Bmw Classic shop. Youd be surprised by the differences in prices.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Shop around between a few dealers including in the UK, Carparts Pros in Germany and Bmw Classic shop. You’d be surprised by the differences in prices.
    Thank you very much JohnH , never heard of those places ...the amount of new e30 parts they have is unreal

picked up oil , fuel filters and plugs from bmw this week
    ordered z3 lever and other small bits to refreshing gearshift
    looking into h&r lowering springs although dont want rear lowered to much but front sits very high

carbon badge lasted well

starting to get few bits together , taking obc out as screen is bleeding now , so clock will replace it

Thread Information