Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MTec 2 325i Sport

Yes it's a cloth interior, in immaculate condition as you can see in the picture above. I'll gladly keep the current interior in it as its so clean, would just like to have the option of a leather one. Have a wanted add up at the moment and I would do a deal for a leather one if anyone was so inclined.

I regretted sellin my Mint cloth interior, the leather was to slippery with a spirited drive

Quote Originally Posted by the drifter View Post
    S50 the Bitch

Conor_Smyth is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

Ye all need leather with suede centres

Leather interior sorted, going to re-dye before fitting. Will get pics up at the weekend.

Gang of us went out for a spin on Sunday up Molls Gap and into Kilarney. Cool line up of cars, I was the only e30 unfortunately!

316i4 is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

The twincans look tiny compared to the E30 beside them . Out of all the cars in the pic the E30 definitely the best looking

Default MTec 2 325i Sport

Small update. Now have a leather interior to go into the sport, bought it from a forum member here. Ordered leather dye from Dynamix just waiting on it to arrive before getting stuck in. New clips for the door cards and M seat badges arrived today also along with 4 new spigot rings for the Alpinas. I was missing two for the front and what a pain it was changing wheels!
    Just waiting on a couple more parcels to arrive,then get all gear fitted before June along with a good service .

Last edited by jimmy16v; 29-04-2016 at 08:48 AM.

Another small update, Koni adjustables and new springs arrived today. Plan to get them fitted at the weekend and tax the ol girl for the start of June.

Default MTec 2 325i Sport

Got the leather interior re-dyed and new badges fitted to the seats. Really happy how they turned out.
    Here's some before pics of the drivers seat.

Degreased the seats using an apc and then the leather cleaner that came with the dye kit. In total I applied 3 coats of dye to the seats, wet sanding between and then the leather conditioner after leaving the dye to dry over night. Here's some pics after two coats were applied.

Waiting to give the interior some detailing and I'll get some proper pictures of the finished result up, very happy with how they turned out.
    For the door cards I ordered new clips to ensure a good fit. The door cards had holes for window winders so I bought blanks from BMW for an oem finish.

Fitted the new Konis and while I had the wheels off gave the arches a good scrub.

Along with a service, turns out the medium case diffs take nearly 2 litres of diff oil so had to buy another bottle of LSD diff oil. Not too cheap the castrol stuff compared to standard LSD oil!

Brought it up to the Donegal rally this year, a total of 860 miles from Thursday to Monday and not a beat missed all weekend. Here she is leaving Ballybofey on Monday with some sore heads onboard.

That's all the progress for the moment, just been driving it now and playing with the Konis to get them at a setting I like.

Sceptre is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

Car looks great. Good job on the seats--black leather never ages. Didn't know you could get blanks from Bmw for the door cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptre View Post
    Car looks great. Good job on the seats--black leather never ages. Didn't know you could get blanks from Bmw for the door cards.

Thanks, very happy with how they turned out. Yes they can still be got, oem part number is 51411869871 if your ever looking for a set.

Went for a spin to Kenmare on Sunday via Healy's Pass and took some pics along the way. Still meaning to take some pictures of the finished interior.

Sceptre is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

Looks too good to be using on the road!

Couple of pics of the finished interior.

316i4 is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

Seats turned out great ! Where did you get the leather dye from

Thread Information