Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Word of Caution Re Classic Insurance

316i4 is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

Quote Originally Posted by bennyc View Post
    So i am a member here and I have a user name ect I post here from time to time and people post back so I would say Iam a member. I don't pay to be a site supporter so if I use e30owners as the club for my classic insurance I have to pay you 15 a year that hardly seem right! I have classic insurance so I most contact them and find out. It's a bit Irish having to you money and then the insurance company more money to be insured
    15 is cheap ! At least you can use this club to make E30 motoring easier. Plenty
    Of help on here .Most clubs are 25 euro per year and all you get is a crappy book in post .

So i am a member here and I have a user name ect I post here from time to time and people post back so I would say Iam a member. I don't pay to be a site supporter so if I use e30owners as the club for my classic insurance I have to pay you €15 a year that hardly seem right! I have classic insurance so I most contact them and find out. It's a bit Irish having to you money and then the insurance company more money to be insured
    you dont pay 15 euro to get cheaper insurance, you pay it to show you support the e30 community in ireland, 15 euro is hardly breaking the bank over a year.
    and most likely the discount you get from your insurance would be more than what you had to shell out for premium membership.

premium membership also comes with access to other site discounts as well as a much larger pm inbox ect.

the site isnt free to run, their are domain names, web servers and other things that bucks has to foot the bill for to keep this place ticking over.

if nobody paid i'd imagine bucks would have sold it to the yanks when then they came asking and we would have no site by now.
    https://www.facebook.com/AlienWorkshops

M40 RIGHTNESS.
    if you can get to 6500rpm, nobody can hear your tappets.

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    When Age says he wants it cheap, he means Cheaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!
    Torq

Well lads. 15 is nothing a year. But back in 2006 when I joined there was no premium membership. It was just lad/lady's interested in e30s and talking about e30s.

I don't think it's very fair that guys insurance is not going to be payed out because bucks said he's not a member. That guy could get himself into a lot of trouble because of a petty thing. He could loose his license!!

I know it costs to keep the forum going but there is plenty advertisement on this forum and I was a premium member for 2 year but it was of no use to me so I cancelled it.

Well lads. 15 is nothing a year. But back in 2006 when I joined there was no premium membership. It was just lad/lady's interested in e30s and talking about e30s.

I don't think it's very fair that guys insurance is not going to be payed out because bucks said he's not a member. That guy could get himself into a lot of trouble because of a petty thing. He could loose his license!!

I know it costs to keep the forum going but there is plenty advertisement on this forum and I was a premium member for 2 year but it was of no use to me so I cancelled it.
    Insurance fraud is not "a petty thing". It has lead to/been a contributing factor to the 30% increase in insurance premiums this year.
    1990 E30 316i M42B18 Matte Black 2 Door
    1995 E34 518i Techno Violet Metallic Saloon

Everytime you take out a policy you have to read all exclusions. Apparently his policy included a clause that required him to be a member of a club. If he wasn't then he's not covered. It is certainly not the admins fault. Oh and by he way, his license is the least of his worries. If there was a big PI claim the manure will hit the fan.

So i am a member here and I have a user name ect I post here from time to time and people post back so I would say Iam a member. I don't pay to be a site supporter so if I use e30owners as the club for my classic insurance I have to pay you 15 a year that hardly seem right! I have classic insurance so I most contact them and find out. It's a bit Irish having to you money and then the insurance company more money to be insured
    Don't state E30owners as your club when getting insurance then? What's the issue?

I've dealt with many of the insurance companies over the years in order to get E30owners recognised as a valid club. Some insurance companies request classic policy holders to be a member of such in order to reduce their risk.

Such insurance companies have then passed on discounts to our members.

So you want me to lie to an insurance company who asked a question?

You want me to fabricate membership details they requested for someone I didn't even know existed until a few days days ago?

You want me to partake in fraud which If found out would have me personally accountable?

Its attitude like that which has the rising insurance premiums in this country putting honest people off the road!

Torq is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

Anyone who won't pay/contribute 15 euro to the upkeep of the site and to have valid classic insurance is just a cheapskate who want's something for nothing.

What does 15 euro buy you these days? A couple of pints, a box of fags, 3 happy meals or peace of mind that your classic insurance is valid.

The guy who had got himself into trouble? Tough! He got himself into this mess and is looking for an escape route. It reminds me of the people who sign up to the site and their first post is "I'm thinking of selling my E30, what's it worth..."

Fraud is fraud is fraud. End of.
    So many beemers, so little time....

Must change my avatar, that one's sold!

Sceptre is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

Attraction for me is being able to get parts for the car from reliable sources on an ongoing basis and you also get access to a good row now and again. On that basis alone the membership is worth it.

Hasn't been a good row in ages though......

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    1990 E30 316i M42B18 Matte Black 2 Door
    1995 E34 518i Techno Violet Metallic Saloon

Madman2 is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

Quote Originally Posted by GOR///M View Post
    Hasn't been a good row in ages though......

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Dave hasn't been here yet

I have no problem supporting this site on the pm mail box factor alone, let alone seeing whats happening with the local cars. Just outa curiosity how much of a discount does the club membership get some of you that have used it? 15 euros is nothing these days and the membership discount on insurance is just an added bonus on an already good deal.
    Last edited by Madman2; 13-06-2016 at 10:50 PM.

Conor_Smyth is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

Quote Originally Posted by Madman2 View Post
    Dave hasn't been here yet

I have no problem supporting this site on the pm mail box factor alone, let alone seeing whats happening with the local cars. Just outa curiosity how much of a discount does the club membership get some of you that have used it? 15 euros is nothing these days and the membership discount on insurance is just an added bonus on an already good deal.
    Think carol nash knocked 40-50 quid off my quote when I mentioned i was a member of e30owners.com.... More than paid off my membership fee anyways

Your response is more "Irish" than the actual point you're trying to make.
    Current: e34 m5, 2002Tii, e30 316
Previous: '89 e30 m3, '88 325iS, '90 318iS, '91 318iS, '91 318i, '87 318

beemernut is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

My insurance is out in August, I wasnt asked for any membership number, I did mention I was with the E30 Owners, Do I need this?

Quote Originally Posted by beemernut View Post
    My insurance is out in August, I wasnt asked for any membership number, I did mention I was with the E30 Owners, Do I need this?
    If they don't ask/request then you're fine Berni!

beemernut is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

Quote Originally Posted by bucks View Post
    If they don't ask/request then you're fine Berni!

Thread Information