Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Diamond Schwarz E30

Picked her up today. Like new again

TomK is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

Nice, stick up more photos!
    Currently E30-less!

mossie is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

Looks great and as tom said more photos please.. this car is turning out really nice

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ordered these last week, will hopefully help freshen up the rear suspension. Don't think it's ever been done.

So I changed one of the rear subframe bushings last week, going to do the other tonight. Changed the one I thought was gone the most first and big difference, looks like I found the cause of the wheel hop. I was able to change it without removing the subframe or any special tools. None of the online DIYs say this is possible. I just lowered the bushing, put a heavy bolt above it then jacked the arm back up and the heavy bolt pushed it out from above.

Car got four new disks, new pads and new brake fluid over the last day or two. Brake pedal a bit firmer now. Also fitted the rear drop links that came with the subframe bushings. Oil was done about 2 weeks ago too so she's in top shape now.

Might refresh the diff with new clutches next. She'll need new tires shortly too.

So the e30 was due an oil change this weekend. So far she has been getting fresh oil every 4k miles in my ownership over the last year, about 20k miles so far. On Friday on the way home from work after some spirited driving the car developed a loud tap from the engine in time with rpm. I was pretty sure it was one of the valve rockers that had moved. I was planning to get the feeler guages out soon anyway as I bought a rocker cover gasket a few months ago and it was time to do the valve clearances anyway.

So here's what's under the bonnet...

Sure enough, one was a complete mile out so there was the cause of the extra tapping noise.

To turn the engine over to allow me to adjust the clearance on each valve I jacked up the rear, put the car in 5th gear, took out the spark plugs and then turn the rear wheel.

Spark plugs out so may as well change them. Went for NGKs again but a different type as recommended on some of the forums. Probably all the same.

Here's my system for marking each one as it's done off. Just touch the number on the sheet with an oil hand does the trick.

New rocker gasket and plugs fitted too. This fecker was pricey enough.

All screwed back together...

New oil, oil filter and air filter in and turn the key. Normally after this there's a bit of placebo effect going on but she's absolutely flying again.

Happy days.

The LSD in my car had lost some of it's bite and needed some new clutch plates So today with the help of a friend I dropped my diff and went at it. All went well, one hiccup with a rounded bolt prob held us up by two hours but other than that very straightforward. Immediately can tell the difference now in the behavior of the car. Very happy.

Thread Information