Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Diamond Schwarz E30

When I picked the car up the central locking was not working at all and neither was the electric mirrors. I now have the central locking working perfectly again by taking out the live loop out of the driver door and cleaning up some of the connections in the door.

Last night I went at the power mirrors. First thing was to check was the fuse. There was a 75a blown fuse in this circuit which was a bad sign as I think it's meant to be a 10 fuse. Got the fuse changed over and both mirrors are getting power but behaving oddly. The main thing they are doing that they shouldn't is when trying to move one mirror the other mirror can click or move depending on what movement you are trying. I have taken apart the mirror control switch and cleaned up the contacts so they are like a new penny.

Anywhere else I should be looking?

To me the fact that it is sending power to both mirrors at times would make me think the switch is at fault but it looks good to me so maybe I'm missing something.

Maybe I'm missing something?

TomK is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

I sent you a wiring diagram on viber; it could be two of the switched wires that are making contact somewhere.
    Currently E30-less!

316i4 is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

Happend to me same thing when I went to adjust the mirror the opposite one just clicked . Turned out the plug on the door loom was a bit loose.

Cheers fellas,

Had a look again last night but still no joy. The connectors in the doors have seen better days so might order some replacements and hopefully that sorts it.

550 isn't that bad to convert an open to lsd in my opinion as lsd units make 200 on their own and then new bearings, seals and put a new clutch pack in it and won't be long spending the extra 300 euro in parts and something for labour to do it all.

Could bang it altogether cheap with an ebay lsd unit without a proper look over and new bearings too but it could go in shit a week later

Lonely looking E30 though
    M42 RIGHTNESS.
    Past 6500rpm, nobody can hear you scream.

Got my wing mirrors sorted. Bad connections in the doors, c405 had some badly corroded male and female ends. Two offending wires fixed although not oem. Has anyone ever replaced the wiring connection in the door? There's not much excess to play with.

550 plus an open diff is expensive to me for an lsd, hoping to pick one up for less. It will make a huge difference as the car likes spinning one wheel at the min.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael. View Post
    Got my wing mirrors sorted. Bad connections in the doors, c405 had some badly corroded male and female ends. Two offending wires fixed although not oem. Has anyone ever replaced the wiring connection in the door? There's not much excess to play with.

550 plus an open diff is expensive to me for an lsd, hoping to pick one up for less. It will make a huge difference as the car likes spinning one wheel at the min.

Buy a cheap lsd and it'll still spin one wheel
    M42 RIGHTNESS.
    Past 6500rpm, nobody can hear you scream.

What is the best option for adding remote central locking? I see RClick do a kit for this. User Seanmal on here I believe has a modified version of this, or at least did do them for easy install. I sent him a PM but his inbox is full.

Does anyone know if he still does them?

Cheers

Just installed this. Great job so far and matches dash. It has built in bluetooth for phone and music streaming so very happy with it.

Still looking for an LSD for the car.

I believe my car has a 4.1 ratio small case in it and I want to lengthen the gearing as well as have a locking diff.

I see there is a 3.45 LSD for sale on adverts that came out of an e36. In one of the photos I can see the case has 6 bolts which I believe is small case.

Is this a direct swap for me? any input appreciated.

mossie is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

How's the radio working out and where did u get it please

Bought it here

http://www.vdoshop.co.uk/acatalog/Audio.html

Works great so far. Bluetooth audio works and next track, pause etc will command my phone.

To make calls you really need to use your phone though to start the call as it doesn't import your contacts. That's my only criticism.

Anyone any idea on that lsd?

I can see two lsds for sale now.

One is a small case 3.45 and the other a medium 3.64.

Should I go for the small case as it's easier direct swap or medium case as I read they are more robust?

Conor_Smyth is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

e36 small case wont fit an e30, it has a completely different casing... you could swap over the internals to your small case e30 diff casing, but 3.45 would be a bit too long behind an e30 gearbox. Or just swap in the LSD unit to your 4.1.

An e30 medium case will bolt straight in. the mounting is the same as the small case. Its not like e36s where you need to change shafts and prop

So, if it was me, I'd definitely go for the 3.64 diff Assuming this is an e30 diff ya?

Pics at night if radio against other lights?? Had been looking up same unit recently

Thread Information