Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

E30 Chat General E30 Chat

Old 04-11-2016, 01:30 PM

Default 316i Calypso Red 1991 Lux

Been a while since I was on the site or even posted anything but logged on the other day and to my unbelievable disappointment I seen that Tierneyj sold his 316 lux LD reg http://www.e30owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25468. I narrowly missed out on buying this car twice in the past number of years and its kind of haunted me since, its the one that got away Just wondering does anyone know where it ended up?
Old 20-11-2016, 12:57 AM

I used to own that 316, I sold it to Tierney and he seemed to have taken good care of her during his ownership. That E30 was a peach of a car and I also regretted letting her go but I needed the money at the time to finish my Volvo P1800 which I also regrettably sold. I missed the e30 so much that I bought a very nice E30 318 cab which I want to hold onto. E30s are such a great car with timeless style and excellent driving characteristic, truely one of the greater classics in my opinion and I would know as I have worked on a lot of classic cars over the years.
Old 20-11-2016, 09:49 PM

Yeah I remember you showing me the p1800 and and sl500 if im not mistaken. I was ragging the day when you beat me to it in Longford, then I was second in line for it when you had it but Tierney took it off your hands