Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are Twin Cams worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by mannix_e30 View Post
    Shut the feck up Dave

They are 80's Toyota, so they're going to be rattly. However, if you have stiff coilovers in anything this is going to be the case.

They're no slower than an E30, not an iS anyways.

They are 200 times more fun to drive than an e30, quicker on the twisty and much easier to drift.

Easier to set up and mod to suit your needs.

You could have it sorted to use as a daily but the itch to play around usually takes control!

Dunno but a 20v AE86 hadn't a prayer trying to keep up with my iS on a run once anyway. I really like them but at the moment (like many other cars, they are crazy overpriced for what they are) to be fair, I'm not sure I'd even buy a good E30 these days when they seem to be selling for 6-10k and M3s are gone insane!

That one seems like good value though, I'd probably go for it if not anything much to choose from and it's a good car to get to tick off the list of cars you need to drive before you die too
    M42 RIGHTNESS.
    Past 6500rpm, nobody can hear you scream.

cory58 is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

OP - welcome to NC! There are lots of E30s here and an active BMW club (BMWCCA). There is an NC E30 Facebook group. You may have already found it, but r3vlimited.com is a great USA-based E30 forum. If you have time, there is a great BMW driving event/show each year in May. It's called The Vintage, and is in Asheville, NC this year. Web site is atthevintage.com.

I had a 1st gen 240sx back in the late 1990s. It was fun to drive, but definitely inferior to an E30. I've been told that the 2nd gen 240sx was not nearly as good as the 1st gen, but I've never driven one. Nowadays, it's hard to find a good 240sx in the USA. Many of them have been turned into drift cars.

While they are not my cup of tea a good buddy had had a few down through the years. I could never get the appeal myself and one day I asked him about having one over something more powerful

His response was you could be the worst driver in the world but one of these will make you look like a hero going sideways

Take from that what you will!

Quote Originally Posted by eamo View Post
    While they are not my cup of tea a good buddy had had a few down through the years. I could never get the appeal myself and one day I asked him about having one over something more powerful

His response was you could be the worst driver in the world but one of these will make you look like a hero going sideways

Take from that what you will!
    maybe you should start owning these eamo sounds like they right up you street so!!!

I've owned several. They suffer badly from poor maintenance/bodgery...and of course rust. Get a good one and it will be the most rewarding car you ever own.

Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    maybe you should start owning these eamo sounds like they right up you street so!!!:d:d:d:d
    :d:d:d

[QUOTE=cory58;256632]OP - welcome to NC! [QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, I didn't know there was a local scene. I'll look into it!

As for the baapbaaap cam, I haven't managed to settle anything with the company that "borrowed" and crashed my Audi, so the whole thing is on freeze for now.

I've come to my senses, and realized that there is nothing like power, so the cam will have to wait. Hoping to pickup something that is just a tickle shy of 600whp instead - that is IF I can get the claim sorted in time.
    Then we'll be able to see what this 200mph business is all about.
    Current: e34 m5, 2002Tii, e30 316
Previous: '89 e30 m3, '88 325iS, '90 318iS, '91 318iS, '91 318i, '87 318

all i can add to this is drive one! with the original 4a-ge engine and t50! its like the e30 you understand the appeal when you get behind the wheel! they feel like a rally car on the B roads very quick revving little engine for the power that's in them! i would rate the ae86 as an equal to the e30 in terms of a fun driving car and very easy to drift and throw around! they only weigh around 1080kg which is what makes them so much fun!

regarding weather there worth the money or not! im not sure! the uk spec cars are not worth the money in my eyes as most original ones are rust buckets/low spec and styled the same! were as a nice clean jap gt apex levin or sprinter trueno (popup headlight) in two tone black/graphite red/black white/black ect... are worth the money as they are class cars and have a huge following across the world! i loved working on the trueno i rebuilt with a mate and i am really looking forward to building up my own red/black 2 door trueno when i get the time!

Thread Information