Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Word of Caution Re Classic Insurance

Default Word of Caution Re Classic Insurance

Hey guys,

I had a leading classic car insurance company on to me this morning regarding a claim one of their policy holders has made.

The person in question had E30owners listed as their classic car club along with a membership number.

The person was not a paid Premium Member on here (required for classic insurance) and the number they gave wasn't associated with any account

Because of this it now looks like the insurance company wont be paying out for them!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by bucks View Post
    Hey guys,

I had a leading classic car insurance company on to me this morning regarding a claim one of their policy holders has made.

The person in question had E30owners listed as their classic car club along with a membership number.

The person was not a paid Premium Member on here (required for classic insurance) and the number they gave wasn't associated with any account

Because of this it now looks like the insurance company wont be paying out for them!

Ouch.
    1990 E30 316i M42B18 Matte Black 2 Door
    1995 E34 518i Techno Violet Metallic Saloon

Im with Carole Nash and they never asked me if I was with a classic car club

TomK is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

Is there a membership number for us, for this site?!
    Currently E30-less!

Quote Originally Posted by TomK View Post
    Is there a membership number for us, for this site?!
    Yeah drop me a PM if you need it or a letter as you are a premium member.

I don't mean to 'scare' anyone by posting the above, its just we all know what a lot (not all) of insurance companies are like these days when it comes to getting out of claims!

Sceptre is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

Does anyone know what the relevance of being a club or forum member has in relation to car insurance?

Some give discounts for recognised club membership. I think carol Nash is one. I didn't know e30 zone was a recognised club. Cheers bucks for the info. My insurance is up in August. Must see what they will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy K View Post
    Some give discounts for recognised club membership. I think carol Nash is one. I didn't know e30 zone was a recognised club. Cheers bucks for the info. My insurance is up in August. Must see what they will do.

Ammmm

316i4 is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy K View Post
    I got my number and a very official letter by email from john and got my classic insurance from first ireland no props .

I spoke with Carole Nash this morning who confirmed you don't need to be a member of a classic car club

Bucks - might help people if you were to mention the insurer involved?

Quote Originally Posted by eamo View Post
    I spoke with Carole Nash this morning who confirmed you don't need to be a member of a classic car club

Bucks - might help people if you were to mention the insurer involved?
    Every insurer obviously has different policies.

My point with this this thread was that this particular insurance company told the policy holder that he must be a member of a classic club in order to get his classic insurance policy, he lied and got caught.

If when getting a policy they don't ask for club membership then all when and good and as long as you all check the wording in the contract then everyone will be fine.

Company requested not to be named as the case is ongoing with them.

Ah grand so

It was just a bit confusing when you said "The person was not a paid Premium Member on here (required for classic insurance)"

To some people, inc myself, that would imply all classic insurance policies require the policy holder to be part of a classic car club

Sceptre is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

Carole Nash has obviously realised that lads who are able to upload Youtube videos and photos onto a car site may not be more competent drivers after all.

Conor_Smyth is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

Carol Nash don't require you to be in a classic car group, but do give you a discount if you say you are with a group! I got 10 or 15% off mine when I said i was with e30owners

So i am a member here and I have a user name ect I post here from time to time and people post back so I would say Iam a member. I don't pay to be a site supporter so if I use e30owners as the club for my classic insurance I have to pay you Ä15 a year that hardly seem right! I have classic insurance so I most contact them and find out. It's a bit Irish having to you money and then the insurance company more money to be insured

Thread Information