Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Very Rare high Spec 320i

Default Very Rare high Spec 320i

2 door non sunroof e30, has very low miles, leather seats. Look the the order options on it ! Order code 301 is the factory alarm with the magnetic key I have never seen one on a saloon e30 before.

a lot of nice bits on her for sure which is rare on a 320i! but in saying all that still does not have color coded bumpers or mirrors and has chrome trim 14 BBS no fog lights ect... its a case of the original owner ticking a bunch of the boxes when ordering which is indeed rare! it would be interesting to know the cost difference to a 320i and 320i se at the time which was the higher spec model.

my car was also fitted with the oem bmw alarm with seperate door lock i have only seen a hand full with this option so yeah its quiet rare!

The 320i was order by a Lady to this spec it was not ordered with alloys would have came with hubcaps originally. The Lady was living abroad but was moving permanently to Ireland. Motor Import could not get her this kind of spec, car was order thought Park Lane Export & delivered to her in Finland & it was imported into Ireland when it was just over a year old. It has a full BMW service history with the service book all stamped & every invoice too.

Back in the day in the Irish market most people went no bigger then a 320i because of the tax on anything bigger then a 2000 CC & road tax too. Where I live almost all the e30's where 320's. I remember a 1990 very base 320i with a full dealer fitted Sport body kit on it.

I like the non colour coded bumpers & mirrors on a red or white e30 looks more 80's & early 90's, the colour coded bumpers & mirrors look best on the last of the e30 SE specs that came the pinstriped cloth from the e32 & colour coded sill trim ( I have always disliked the cloth the came standard on e30's with the vinyl @ the sides ! but that just me, I sure other people like it ?) I worked in a BMW dealer & you had the base BMW with a few extras, then the UK SE spec etc came in. I remember people that ordered a BMW to the spec that they wanted & not to the SE spec's, you would never see anything like it again. These type of BMW's I like.

I am thinking about 15" BBS alloys & de chrome it.
    Last edited by bmw320i; 01-08-2016 at 10:10 AM.

mossie is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

Looks very nice...anymore pictures please

If it was brought into Finland you probably needed some if those options. I almost had a 318 not long ago that was Swedish, non power assisted steering, 14 bbs, non colour coded bumpers and mirrors, non sunroof but it had headlight wash wipe and heated seats which seemed odd but necessary in colder climates.

Leave the chrome but 15 bbs would suit it. More pics also!

Quote Originally Posted by Jozi View Post
    If it was brought into Finland you probably needed some if those options. I almost had a 318 not long ago that was Swedish, non power assisted steering, 14 bbs, non colour coded bumpers and mirrors, non sunroof but it had headlight wash wipe and heated seats which seemed odd but necessary in colder climates.

Leave the chrome but 15 bbs would suit it. More pics also!
    I was thinking about doing a few changes to it but it's just to nice an original e30 so I will keep it as is.

All Swedish car had to have headlight washers or wipers & non power steering because it could freeze in the winter, I say it had a catalytic converter too ?

Sun blind is very nice.

moe syzlak is offline Premium Member (Site Supporter)

Very very nice. Loads of great extras and car looks amazing overall. I totally agree with black plastic bumpers on red, especially when they are in so good condition.

It's never been cleaned inside was a non smoker car.

Last edited by bmw320i; 01-08-2016 at 10:02 PM.

It's very tidy!

I don't remember if it had a cat, non power steering makes sense now!

I don't think you can go wrong with a set of 15 bbs or other subtle bolt on and easily reversible things.

Just "Wow"!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    1990 E30 316i M42B18 Matte Black 2 Door
    1995 E34 518i Techno Violet Metallic Saloon

Quote Originally Posted by Jozi View Post
    It's very tidy!

I don't remember if it had a cat, non power steering makes sense now!

I don't think you can go wrong with a set of 15 bbs or other subtle bolt on and easily reversible things.
    I seen a few early 1980's cars from Sweden & they had Mainifold vacuum on them. I say it would have had a cat on it.

Beautiful car.
    Looks like one of the few out there that may have zero rust.
    Current: e34 m5, 2002Tii, e30 316
Previous: '89 e30 m3, '88 325iS, '90 318iS, '91 318iS, '91 318i, '87 318

Quote Originally Posted by e30mclow View Post
    Beautiful car.
    Looks like one of the few out there that may have zero rust.
    It's a very solid e30 sills & arches are lovely, the paint is all original apart from the drives door & wing in 1996 someone tried to steal it & forced the door barrel out of the door I have a invoice from the BMW dealer that alway serviced it for fixing it & matching in the paint for £225. The paint is coming up lovely with 2 coats of wax all done by hand I can never use machine polishers on nice original paint.

Question

Was this car for sale in Galway ?

Thread Information